Hit the Milestones. Earn Digital Badges.
The Virtual Lake George Marathon Swim is an 8-week (or longer), 32-mile challenge across the "Queen of American Lakes", located in the beautiful Adirondacks of Upstate New York. Lake George has a well-known marathon swimming past, and over the last 10 years has been home to our annual Lake George Open Water 2.5k, 5k and 10k swims. This virtual swim is a way to connect swimmers who love Lake George, or who love swimming in the Adirondacks, or who just love swimming and who want to jump into this challenge, track their progress on the leaderboard and map alongside others, have the opportunity to earn virtual badges (and stickers), fundraise for a great local cause, and collect some nice Virtual Lake George Marathon Swim swag.
Complete this swim in any lake, pool, ocean, river, pond, or other body of water. We hope you will join us!
HOW IT WORKS
- Register between May 15 - July 31; The swim window will be June 25 - Aug 19
- During the registration process, you can set-up a new team or join an existing team. Or you can simply swim solo
- Team categories include USMS, USA Swimming, FINA, USAT, College, and Open
- Soon after registering, you will receive a link to set up your tracking account. This will allow you to upload your workouts, track your progress, see where you are in the standings with others, and, if you are part of a team, where your team stands in relation to others
- On June 26, start swimming and upload your progress to your account! You can register as late as July 21
- Track your progress on the leaderboard and map, earn badges as you reach distances along Lake George, fundraise for the Lake George Association, and share on social media via our Facebook group!
Fees & Giveaways
Entry Fee Includes:
- Access to our tracking and mapping platform
- Swim Cap
- Finisher Medal
- Downloadable Finisher Certificate
- Opportunity to earn our Milestone Sticker Packs
- Shipping & Handling costs to U.S. addresses*
*Note: Shipping costs to international addresses are not covered in the entry fee. Based on the weight of the items you will receive, an additional charge of $25 will be added on to international registrants to cover shipping.
Supporting the Lake George Association
The LGA’s mission is to protect Lake George water quality. While they perform many functions, among the most important are their Lake-Saving Projects that protect the Lake’s water now, and protect it for the future. Our swimmers love Lake George because of its pristine water and setting in the Adirondacks. Please consider a donation during the registration process or become a fundraiser. Learn more about the LGA.